Potato Salad with Beer DressingFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 6 medium potatoes shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup beer shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water just until fork tender.
- Cool slightly, peel and slice potatoes.
- In skillet, fry bacon until crisp.
- Crumble bacon and combine with onion, celery and salt.
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add dry mustard and sugar.
- Slowly stir in beer and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and toss to coat
- Let stand one hour.
- Add bacon mixture and toss gently,
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!