Chicken Ala King SupremeFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- ¼ cup onion, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk or half-and-half shopping list
- ¼ cup baby peas shopping list
- ¼ cup frozen corn kernels shopping list
- any other veggies you prefer shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- couple shakes of poultry seasoning shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken) shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
How to make it
- In a 10” skillet, melt butter over medium heat; sauté mushrooms and onions until onions are opaque and mushrooms have given off all of their moisture and are nicely browned.
- Sprinkle flour over sautéed veggies and stir to coat well.
- Slowly pour milk into pan, stirring constantly to get a good mix with the flour.
- Bring mixture just to a simmer.
- Add peas and corn, and any other veggies you may like in the sauce, seasonings and chicken; bring sauce just to a simmer again.
- Crack egg and separate yolk into a small cup; mix in about ½ cup of sauce mixture to the yolk to temper it before adding it to the sauce.
- Heat thoroughly and serve over warm High As A Kite Biscuits or your own favorite biscuit or buttered toast.
- Link to High as a Kite Biscuits: High As A Kite Biscuits
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating9 people
Sounds very yummy!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
wow love this one Krum wind chill 13 yep I can definetely eat this high5 post thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
YUM, comfort indeed! Haven't made this in a long time, you have given me something different to make on these chilly winter days. Thanks for refreshing my memory gf. You have my 5 forks.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!