High As A Kite BiscuitsFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar (you can add more if you want a sweeter biscuit) shopping list
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE - I've tried! These biscuits will only pop up sky-high if you use heavy cream - they were flat and not fluffy inside when I tried half-and-half or whole milk) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients just until the dough forms a ball and ingredients are moistened.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface that is dusted with a very small amount of additional flour.
- Fold the dough in ½ and press down with the palms of your hands; knead the dough this way for 5 to 7 times more, adding just enough flour to keep the dough from sticking to your hands and work surface.
- Gently press dough out to about 3/4" thickness; cut dough into 3” size rounds (use a cookie cutter or a small juice glass).
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place biscuits on it, leaving at least 1” between each biscuit.
- Bake at 480 degrees (yes, a very hot oven!) for about 10 minutes, until golden brown on bottoms and tops.
- You need to watch them closely at the end so you don't burn the bottoms - they require a hot oven, so don't try to reduce the heat.
- Just keep an eye on them and when the tops are nicely golden brown, the bottoms should be, too.
- If you forget to check them and you end up burning the bottoms (and I HAVE done this!!), just cut off the bottoms of the biscuits and they will be fine to eat!
- Note: For holidays, try using different cookie cutter shapes, like hearts, holly leaf, etc.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating17 people
Oh these are wonderful, I do them similar but with self rising flour and I don't have to add anything but the flour and whipping cream. ( I posted mine a good while ago, called Whipped Cream Biscuits ) Very Very Good, makes wonderful strawberry shor...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
Oh, these are good, Krum. YOU are absolutly correct,they won't be fluffy without the heavy cream. Super biscuits and easy too. This has my name written on it for sure, gotta make biscuits soon. Thanks, dear.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Another winner.auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!