Butter Chicken MasalaFrom aravi_vel 4 years ago
- chicken cut into small pieces - 1 kg shopping list
- Finely chopped onion - 3 shopping list
- tomato puree - 3 or 4 shopping list
- Chopped cilantro - 1 tbsp shopping list
- butter - 4tbsp shopping list
- oil - as needed shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- ginger - 1 inch piece shopping list
- garlic cloves - 12 shopping list
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder/paprika - 2 tsp shopping list
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp shopping list
- Whole pepper - 1 tsp shopping list
- 1 inch sized cinnamon piece - 2 shopping list
- cloves - 3 shopping list
- cardamom - 2 shopping list
- Jeera seeds - a pinch shopping list
- cashews - 6 shopping list
- milk - 2 tsp shopping list
- heavy cream - 1 tsp shopping list
- Chopped coriander/Chopped spring onion - 1 tbsp shopping list
- Grated cheese/butter - 1 tsp shopping list
How to make it
- Grind the ingredients 8-16 to a fine paste. (ground spice masala)
- Make another paste with 17 and 18. (cashew paste)
- For garnishing: 19,20,21
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion till brown.
- Add ground spice masala and salt, fry it well until oil starts to separate.
- Now add a little of butter and pour tomato puree into it. Simmer it till the gravy thickens.
- Now add the chicken pieces and cook in medium heat.
- Add a little butter ,ground cashew paste and 1 tbsp of coriander leaves.Simmer for 2 more minutes and remove from stove .
- Garnish with heavy cream,grated butter and chopped coriander.Serve hot with roti/naan.
The Cookaravi_vel Bangalore, India
The Rating4 people
This is another of my favorite Indian dishes. The first time I had it was in Basel, Switzerland. So much flavor!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
HIGH 5!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!