Best Tuna Melt New Jersey Diner StyleFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- Pinch freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 4 slices seedless rye bread shopping list
- 8 slices ripe tomato shopping list
- 8 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- paprika for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl mix the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, parsley, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place rye bread slices on a baking sheet and broil 1 minute OR until lightly toasted.
- Remove from oven and spread with tuna salad.
- Place one cheese slice over the tuna, layer with tomato and top with remaining cheese slice.
- Return melts to oven and broil 3 to 5 minutes until cheese melts.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating11 people
These look so beautiful! I love tuna melts! 5 forks and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it
This looks great and the taste combination of rye, tuna and the red wine vinegar sounds breathtaking! Mmmmmmm is all I can say.dollhead in Mechanicville loved it
Yummy picture. I wish I could just reach in and grab one. I will be making these for sure. Thanks for a 5 forker. MJflavors in Algonquin loved it