Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge BreadFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- BASIC white bread Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 tbs yeast shopping list
- 4 cups warm milk shopping list
- 4 cups warm half-and-half shopping list
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 16 cups all-purpose flour plus extra fro dusting shopping list
- 3 1/2 tbs salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 4 tbs water shopping list
- peanut butter chocolate FUDGE Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice) shopping list
- 2 cups creamy chocolate fudge (see recipe below) shopping list
- 1 egg 2 tbs water shopping list
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- CREAMY chocolate fudge topping Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 6 tbs butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FUDGE BREAD Directions:
- Roll out a softball-size piece of dough from the White Bread recipe (one-quarter of the batch--see recipe below) into a 9 x 11-inch rectangle so that the long side is perpendicular to your body.
- Spread the peanut butter evenly over the dough. Spread the chocolate fudge topping over the peanut butter.
- Generously butter a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Tightly roll the dough into a loaf, with the rolling action going away from your body. To hold in the filling, fold in the outer edges of the dough as you roll.
- Place the loaf into the prepared loaf pan. Place the pan in a warm, dry place and allow the dough to rise for 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat together the egg and water to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash all over the dough. Bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Ovens vary so test for doneness. Remove the loaf from the pan, and tap the bottom. If it sounds hollow, it's done. If not, continue to bake, checking every few minutes.
- When the loaf is done, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the bread. Let the bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack and cool for another 30 minutes.
- BASIC WHITE BREAD Directions:
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the milk and half-and-half. Let stand 5 minutes, until the yeast is foamy. Add the butter and mix with a whisk. Add the powdered sugar and mix well to break up any clumps.
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer), combine the flour and salt. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and knead well. If you're using a stand mixer, knead for 3-4 minutes. If you're kneading by hand, knead for 4-7 minutes. Keep the dough moist for a soft, tender bread.
- Place the kneaded dough in a generously buttered bowl, cover with a towel, and let rise in a warm, dry place for 60 minutes.
- Punch the dough down with your fist, and divide it into 4 portions.
- Generously butter four 9-inch loaf pans, form the portions of dough into loaves, and place them in the pans. Let them rise another 45 minutes. After the dough has risen a second time, you can portion it into 4 freezer bags and store it in the freezer for future use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat together the eggs, and water to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the dough and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Carefully remove the loaf from the pan and tap the bottom of the loaf. If it sounds hollow, they're done. If not, continue to bake, checking the loaves every few minutes. When done, remove all pans from the oven, and cool them for 30 minutes. Remove the loaves from the pans and transfer them to a wire rack. Cool for another 30 minutes before slicing. Yield 4 loaves.
- CREAMY CHOCOLATE FUDGE TOPPING Directions:
- In a large saucepan, combine powdered sugar, granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, whipping cream and chocolate on low heat, stirring constantly. Allow the mixture to thicken and boil. Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Mix vigorously until well blended. Pour the fudge into a serving bowl and serve warm. Yields 4 to 5 cups. This can also be served with ice cream, cake or pie.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating12 people
Talk about unique and interesting! Oh my, choclyt! I love the sound of this.. you get my thanks and my 5!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This recipe IS amazing! A little labor intensive, but sounds well worth it! The peanut butter-fudge filling sounds divine! Bookmarked.juels in Clayton loved it
Wowza, Wowza, fantastic post my friend. This sounds decadent. You have my 5 forks (would give 25 if I could). Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Southern Essentials223 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen84 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Sweet Suite158 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members
On The Book Shelf76 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members