Beer Braised Pork with BaconFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 8oz. applewood smoked bacon,chopped shopping list
- 21/2-3lbs boneless pork shoulder roast(3 to 31/2" thick) shopping list
- 3/4tsp coarse salt,divided shopping list
- 1/2tsp dried sage shopping list
- 1/2tsp pepper,divided shopping list
- 1 lg.onion,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 lg shallots,halved shopping list
- 6 lg garlic cloves,halved shopping list
- 3/4c dark beer or non-alcaholic beer shopping list
- 1/2c beef broth shopping list
- 6 new red potatoes,unpeeled,quartered shopping list
- 3 carrots,cut in 2" pieces shopping list
- 3 parsnips,sliced(1/2" thick) shopping list
- 2 ribs celery,sliced(1") shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325. Cook bacon in large skilet over med. heat until browned and crisp;drain on paper towels Reserve drippings in skillet.
- Cook pork in drippings over med-high to med heat 5 to 6 mins or till browned on all sides. Reserve 2 tsps. of drippings in in skillet;discard remaining drippings.
- Place pork in shallow roasting pan large enough to hold pork surrounded by vegetables. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt,sage and 1/4tsp pepper.
- Cook onions,shallots and garlic in drippings over med heat 3 mins,stirring occasionally. Scatter around pork.
- Add beer to skillet;boil over high heat 2 mins or till reduced to 1/2c;stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add broth;bring to boil. Pour around pork;cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 mins. Scatter potatoes,carrots,parsnips and celery around pork;sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1/4tsp each salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3c bacon for garnish; sprinkle remaining bacon over vegetables. Bake,covered an additional hour or till pork is fork tender and pale pink in center. Let stand 5 mins before slicing.
- Spoon pan juices over pork; surround with vegetables. Microwave reserved 1/3c bacon 30 seconds or till warm;sprinkle over pork.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Wow, you have a winner here my friend. Great post and a very high 5. Yummers.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I love this recipe! Very nice combo of veggies here, lovely addition of beer and bacon and clear instructions! Will definitely be making this, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
Just made this last night. The best pork roast we've ever had! Came out so juicy and tender! Loved the beer sauce, it tasted so good, I had to get a piece of bread and soak it up in the end! Added some pictures for you.juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!