Country Ham And Spinach Cornbread StrataFrom knoxcop 5 years ago
- 1 (8 oz.) package cornbread mix (Jiffy or Martha White) BAKED according to directions shopping list
- No-Stick cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend shopping list
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 cup chopped country ham shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard shopping list
- Sprinkle of nutmeg shopping list
- 3 green onions, cleaned & chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions, except bake in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. (Cornbread will be thin.)
- Remove cornbread from skillet; cool and cut into cubes. (IF you don't have a 10 inch cast-iron, just bake it like you normally would and cut into cubes when cool!)
- Spray same skillet generously with no- stick spray cooking spray. Reduce oven temperature to 350 deg.
- Place cornbread cubes in skillet. Top with about half the cheese, spinach and ham. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, pepper and green onions and nutmeg until well blended.
- Pour evenly over ingredients in skillet.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- *NOTES* 1)If you should have leftovers---remove from the iron skillet prior to refrigeration.2) You won't need salt in this recipe, the country ham is salty enough! 3) Make sure you really squeeze that spinach dry. You want your dish to be firm---not soggy! --Kn0x--
- Enjoy! --Kn0x--
People Who Like This Dish 7
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- juels Clayton, NC
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- jlv1023 Plymouth, WI
- mkthreads Atlanta, GA
- lphillips9 Glendale, AZ
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookknoxcop Knoxville, TN
The Rating7 people
Superb, knox! We actually have a 3-summer country hanging in our garage! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum and 5 forks my friend. Greatness.....chefmeow in Garland loved it
Mmmm... Mmmm... good yum yum knoxy this is wonderful thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it