Lawrys Creamed SpinachFrom shibattou 6 years ago
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach. shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, chopped in small pieces. shopping list
- 1 small onion, minced. shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons flour, all purpose. shopping list
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt. shopping list
- 1 or 2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned pepper. shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced. shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk, warmed. shopping list
How to make it
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well.
- Fry the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside.
- Remove most, but not all, of the bacon drippings from the pan.
- Saute the onion in the remaining pan drippings until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add bacon bits back into the onion mixture and cook a couple more minutes.
- Remove onion/bacon mixture from heat and stir in flour, seasoned salt and pepper, and garlic. (It will be a thick paste/roux).
- Add the warmed milk all at once.
- Return to medium heat and stir until smooth and thickened.
- Add spinach and mix thoroughly.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
The Cookshibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
The Rating9 people
We love creamed spinach and this one sounds great! Thanks, shibb..
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Mmmmm...this looks beautiful and sounds soooo goood!!! Love bacon and creamy sauce here! Added this to the "Crazy about greens" group for you.juels in Clayton loved it
I do love this recipemidgelet in Eastern loved it