English Custard For Cream Puffs Eclairs Profiteroles EtcFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat the milk in the top of a double boiler.
- Mix the sugar and flour.
- Add egg yolks and blend well.
- Add the milk, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Return mixture to double boiler.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Cool quickly by placing the bottom of the pan in cold water.
- Add vanilla.
- Chill thoroughly before using.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- Jacquie237 Nowhere, Us
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- TopKatt8 Nowhere, Us
- juels Clayton, NC
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- whuebl Annapolis, MD
- chichimonkeyface Albany
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating10 people
lovely recipe and great post!midgelet in Eastern loved it
this is a wonderful recipe, simple and well written! Thanks for this!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
I always wondered how this was made. I just use a plain old store-bought package of instant pudding, but it isn't the same. Thanks... 5 from me!whuebl in Annapolis loved it