Breakfast Biscuit Cups with Green Chile SalsaFrom gagagrits 7 years ago
- 4 slices of bacon (I use precooked) shopping list
- 2 frozen easy split southern style biscuits shopping list
- 1 4.5 oz. can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 oz.) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped red onion shopping list
- 1 Tbs.of lime juice shopping list
- Slice of cantaloupe, on side if desired. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375 F. Spray 2 (10 oz.) custard cups or souffle' dishes with cooking spray.
- If necessary, heat bacon in microwave to make pliable. Line inner side of each custard cup (not bottom) with 2 bacon slices, overlapping as necessary.
- Gently place frozen biscuit in each cup to fit inside bacon collar. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon green chiles onto each biscuit; place remaining green chiles in small bowl and set aside. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over chiles on each biscuit.
- Carefully crack 1 egg over cheese on each. Sprinkle each wit 2 tablespoons remaining cheese to cover; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place custard cups on cookie sheet; bake 25-35 minutes or until biscuits are baked and egg whites are set.
- Cool in cups 5 minutes. Mean while, add tomato, cilantro, onion and lime juice to green chiles in bowl; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Carefully remove bacon-wrapped biscuits from custard cups; Place on individual plates. Spoon green chile salsa over top and around sides. Serve with cantaloupe and ENJOY!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating8 people
Wow! Wow! Where in the world did you EVER find this masterpiece, ga? Nice combination of flavors and I'm totally in love with the little bacon "collars"! Thanks so much. ^5 or maybe ^10!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh, I wish I had this for breakfast now, this looks delicious. I love the flavors, spicy, bacon, green chilis, cheddar, etc.... Thanks for sharing this recipe. A "5" from me! Judylinda2230 in Las Vegas loved it
Looks and sounds awesome! What a great idea for biscuits!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!