Pear Raspberry Coconut Crumble PieFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter shopping list
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 6 to 7 firm but ripe bartlett pears, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup fresh OR frozen raspberries shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tapioca shopping list
- Zest of 1 medium orange shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 8 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 scant cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut shopping list
How to make it
- First, you KNOW you can buy a crust OR make your own recipe. That said, here's The Pie Lady's crust:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut the shortening and butter into the flour until mix resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle in ice water a tablespoon at a time and toss with a fork, stirring until dough gathers into a ball.
- Transfer to a lightly floured pastry cloth.
- Flatten slightly with your hand.
- Roll dough with rolling pin to a 14" circle.
- Turn dough into a 9" pie plate.
- Fold edges over and flute as desired.
- Set aside.
- Combine sliced pears with tapioca, orange zest, cinnamon lemon juice and salt.
- Gently mix the sugar and raspberries into the pear mixture.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl and cut in butter until mixture is in small pieces.
- Add the coconut and mix gently to combine.
- Transfer the pear mixture into the unbaked pie shell and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes until juices are bubbling and topping is golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- oatmealgirl Nowhere, Us
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- chefelaine Muskoka, CANA
- juels Clayton, NC
- lauries Cameron, CA
- bakesalotsabo Pinellas Park, FL
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- sunflower48386 White Lake, MI
- mintymommybee Anderson, IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
Mmmmm....loks and sounds deeelicious! Love pears, thanks for this treat!juels in Clayton loved it
Lovely variety of flavors in this recipe! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
oh yeah baby !!!!!! gimme gimme i want !!!!! hahaha
ok i love this one yummy for sure .......ill be over in a few hours.. make dinner too lol
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it