Mini Sausage RollsFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 16 oz. good quality sausage meat(bulk sausage), I like to use turkey sausage(mild) shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried dill shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped pistachio nuts shopping list
- 17 oz. puff pastry, thawed shopping list
- 6 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, for glazing shopping list
- 1 tsp. each of poppy seeds, sesame seeds, fennel and anise seeds, for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionaly, for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Combine onion, sausage meat, herbs and nuts in a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir well, until completely blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut the pastry into 4 long strips. Divide the sausage mixture into 4 equal parts. Shape each portion of sausage mix into a log in the center of each pastry strip (refer to pictures). Sprinkle each sausage log with grated Parmesan.
- Brush one edge of each of the pastry strips with a little of the egg glaze and roll up to enclose each sausage (refer to pictures). Set them seam side down and press gently to seal. Brush each one with the egg glaze and sprinkle with the seed mixture.
- For the seed mixture, just combine all the seeds together in a small bowl. You can omit any type of the seeds if you prefer and just double on the other.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper. Arrange the pastry logs on the baking sheet. Bake in preheated 425F oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and brown. Let cool off until able to handle, then cut in 1-2 inch squares. Serve warm.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating20 people
GREAT flavor combo here, Julia!! HIGH FIVE, my dear! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Mmmmmmm... tasty! Thanks, Julia and you have my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Wow, Juels, this is fantastic, I love the flavor combinations. Another winner from you, "5" forks from me, wish it could be more. The pictures and the directions are great!!!!! ~~~Judy~~~linda2230 in Las Vegas loved it
Party Food316 members
Luv The Snackage30 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
Companys Coming115 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Quick N Easy Dishes39 members
Pick You Favourite Pocket37 members