Garlic n Lime Drenched Chicken with Carmelized OnionsFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- garlic N lime DRENCHED chicken shopping list
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves shopping list
- salt and black pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- onions (recipe follows) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- CARMELIZED onions shopping list
- 6 large onions (for about 6 cups of slices) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 T margarine shopping list
How to make it
- CARMELIZED ONIONS
- Peel the onions and cut them into 1/4-inch slices.
- Place the onions in a crockpot, and drizzle the oil over the slices.
- Cut the margarine into pieces and scattor on onions
- Place the lid on the crockpot and adjust the heat to HIGH.
- Cook 8 to 10 hours, until the onions caramelize.
- They will then have a deep-brown color.
- Leftover onions may be refrigerated, covered, up to three days.
- They may be frozen up to one month.
- Makes 3 cups
- LIME DRENCHED CHICKEN
- Place the chicken-breast halves, one at a time, between layers of wax paper.
- Pound each breast half (see note) so that it is an even 1/2-inch thick. Peel off the paper.
- Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil in an extra-deep, 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes on the first side until golden brown.
- While the chicken cooks, cut the lime in half and cut 1 of the halves into four wedges and set aside
- Turn the chicken over and squeeze the juice from the remaining lime half evenly over the chicken.
- Continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Put the chicken on four serving plates.
- Add the onions and garlic to the hot skillet and stir constantly until the onions are heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and top each piece of chicken with about 1/4 cup onions.
- Serve at once, garnished with the reserved lime wedges.
People Who Like This Dish 15
- Zarinthia Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- juels Clayton, NC
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- rottman Nottingham, MD
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- sandysunshine Blaine, MN
- tillia Warminster, PA
- lovinfood420 Cambridge, CA
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating14 people
awsome recipe love everything in it a must try high5 print and save thanks sparrow.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I agree with momo... Awesome! Thanks.rottman in Nottingham loved it
Truly great flavors!joe1155 in Munchen loved it