Focaccia BreadFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
How to make it
- In large bowl dissolve honey and yeast in warm water.
- Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup flour, salt and 3 tablespoons olive oil to the yeast mixture.
- Stir until combined and then work in the last cup of flour.
- Knead dough until smooth, elastic and soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add only enough flour to keep dough from being sticky.
- Form into a ball shape.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and turn onto lightly floured surface.
- Roll OR pat to a 1/2" thickness.
- Place in a greased 9x13" pan, baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Poke dimples in the dough and drizzle I tablespoon olive oil on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating10 people
Grazie to your Nonna Lorraine - I love Italian food, where my father is born Sibenik, Dalmatia,Croatia our dialect and food is very similar to Italians, because there was a time that Dalmatia was under the Italians. That's why I make the best pasta o...moreaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
great post, love all these breads, hi 5midgelet in Eastern loved it
you did it. thanks. love this stuffkarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it