Sausage-spinach QuicheFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1- pastry pie shell...............or make your own........ i like the refrigerated ones when im in a hurry........... shopping list
- 8 -ounces bulk pork sausage :.... i use the hot sausage !! i like the spice shopping list
- 1/4 -cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 -clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 -10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 1- to 1 1/2 -cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces) ........ i use 1/2 cheddar and 1/2 pepperjack cheese........ and i always put extra cheese lol...............use what you like.......... shopping list
- 4- eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1- cup light cream shopping list
- 1/4- teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3- cherry tomatoes, halved (optional) shopping list
- watercress sprigs (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare pastry and set aside.
- Crumble sausage in medium skillet; add onion and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat till sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain well.
- Thaw spinach, drain well.
- Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper toweling.
- Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell.
- Top with sausage mixture. In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, cream and salt; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress, if desired.
- serves 6
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating10 people
YUM, we would love this. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
very nice.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
You are a great tweaker. This is one of my all time favorites. 5!quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it