KleftikoFrom sitbynellie 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3.
- Tear off two pieces of strong tin foil (aluminum foil) big enough to wrap around a lamb shank, with a bit extra to spare for 'scrunching' into a seal.
- In the middle of each piece of foil, put a pinch of cumin seeds, a bay leaf, a good pinch of thyme, a good pinch of oregano, a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Place a lamb shank on top of the seasonings.
- Drizzle each shank with a little oil.
- Sprinkle each shank with another small pinch of cumin seeds, a little more thyme, and a little more oregano.
- Draw up the edges of the foil and carefully 'scrunch' together to seal the foil into a parcel. Make sure the seal is tight all the way along, as this will ensure all the meat juices are kept inside. I sometimes wrap them with two layers of foil but if your foil is good and strong, one layer should do it.
- Place the foil parcels into a roasting tin just big enough to hold them snugly, and cover the whole tin with another piece of foil. Scrunch this down tightly all round the edge.
- Just pop them in the centre of the preheated oven and leave them for 3 hours.
- Carefully unwrap the parcels, but do not remove the meat from the foil. The meat will be falling off the bone and sitting in a pool of delicious juice.
- I just set each opened foil parcel on a plate, with some potatoes and veg beside it.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cooksitbynellie Glasgow, GB
The Rating7 people
this sounds great. mmmm!choclytcandy in loved it
can I come over to your house for dinner?
fabulous recipe thanks!capedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
wow what a winter warmer....
Family satisfaction garenteed...!!!!!!!!pixyqueen in Sydney,Australia loved it