chocolate irish cream tartFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 125g/4½ unsalted butter, diced shopping list
- 25g/1oz golden brown sugar shopping list
- 50g/2oz sugar shopping list
- 125g/4½oz plain white flour shopping list
- 1½ tbsp corn flour shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 175g/6oz hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped shopping list
- butter, for greasing shopping list
- lightly whipped cream, to serve shopping list
- For the filling shopping list
- 400ml double cream shopping list
- 100ml/3½fl oz irish cream syrup shopping list
- 2 tsp espresso powder shopping list
- 300g/10oz dark chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 100g/4oz milk chocolate, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- For the topping shopping list
- ½ gelatin leaf or 1 tsp powdered gelatin shopping list
- 250ml/9fl oz whipping cream shopping list
- 140g/5oz icing sugar shopping list
- 4 tbsp irish cream syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
- Process the butter, both sugars, flour, corn flour, salt and half the hazelnuts to a crumbly texture in a food processor. Pat an even layer into the base of a greased 23cm/9in spring form tin. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
- For the filling, bring the double cream to the boil in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and add the Irish cream and espresso powder. Cool slightly before stirring in both the chopped chocolates. Stir and, when the chocolates have melted, stir in the eggs. Pour the filling over the base and bake on the centre shelf of the oven for about 35-40 minutes, until just set but still slightly wobbly at the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
- To make the topping, soften the leaf gelatin (or dissolve the powdered gelatin, if using) in two tablespoons of water for a few minutes, then heat gently to dissolve. Set aside to cool slightly. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and sift in the icing sugar. Mix in the gelatin and Irish cream. Spread an even layer over the chocolate filling and leave to set. Garnish with chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating13 people
this sounds like it was a big hit at your new pastry booth... as always you never fall to impress me... five forks.peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Fabulous ahmed as always i love all your dessert recipes you are an over the top chef .........cheers !!!just remember we are here rooting and cheering for you !!!
hugs tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I have to agree with everyone who commented on this recipe before me. I'm going to go out and find some Irish Cream syrup and see if I can make your recipe. This tart looks lovely! And delicious, too!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it