Cinco De Mayo Mega BurritoFrom efitobx 7 years ago
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 8 ounces ground beef shopping list
- 3/4 cup corn kernels shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 4 tomatillos, diced, (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup salsa shopping list
- 1 Tbs. taco seasoning or chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese Blend shopping list
- 1 jalapeño chili, minced, optional shopping list
- 4 10-inch-round flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat, and add oil. When hot, ground beef and sauté 5 to 6 minutes until brown. Drain off fat.
- Add to pan corn, mushrooms, green pepper, tomatillos (if using), salsa, taco seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes,stirring occassionally,
- Stir in coriander leaves, and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese and one-quarter amount of jalapeño, if using, on tortilla, and broil until cheese melts and bubbles.
- Remove from broiler, spoon on beef mixture, sprinkle with one-quarter avocado and wrap. Repeat with remaining ingredients until used up. Serve while hot.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating13 people
Think I'll forward this one to Bobalooey!elkabong in Santa Fe loved it
This sounds awesome! Love Burritos.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
Love it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it