Homemade Strawberry-Vanilla Ice CreamFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1 cup cold milk shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 quart whole milk shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tbsp. milk shopping list
- 1 package unflavored gelatine shopping list
- 3 tsp. cold milk shopping list
- 1 quart heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 egg whites, well-beaten to stiff peaks shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups crushed fresh strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- Blend sugar, cornstarch and salt together. Stir in 1 cup of cold milk. Set aside.
- Bring 1 quart of whole milk almost to a boil, then add the sugar/cornstarch mixture to it. Cook this mixture on medium-low heat until thick, whisking constantly.
- Whisk the egg yolks with 2 tbsp. of milk, then add them to the milk mixture. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Soak the gelatin in 3 tsp. of cold milk for a few minutes, then add it to the milk mixture.
- Remove the custard from stove and let it cool. When cooled, add heavy cream, vanilla, and well-beaten egg whites to the custard.
- Stir in the crushed (or finely chopped) strawberries. If you don't like the fruit in your ice cream, omit this step.
- Note: I like to use empty large yogurt containers to put the ice cream in before freezing, but any other plastic container will do.
- Freeze the ice cream ovenight. If you keep your freezer at the max cool temperature like I do, let the ice cream sit out for about 10 minutes before serving, or use a scooper dipped in hot water.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating8 people
Cool recipe, and I do have an ice cream maker machine.
What is neat is you are combining 3 types of ice cream into one - plain, custard and gelatin and of course there is the flour as a thickener.
Too bad they won't let me gi...morewhuebl in Annapolis loved it
very, very yummy Juels....I thank you for this. lol susiepuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Hey Juels, Hope everything is cool in your world. This is a great recipe, I gotta get on this! Have a Great Mother's Day! Thanks, Dooleydooley in Krum loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Be My Valentine31 members
Stuff Kids Will Eat46 members
Its Eggntastic22 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Little Rascals Favorites52 members
Best Sweets29 members