Hollandaise SauceFrom victoriaregina 4 years ago
- Picture is from their site. shopping list
- Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Lifestyles Series, Brunch Entertaining, by Janeen Sarlin (Time-Life Books, 1999). shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon and lime juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. water shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 pinches of freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- In a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, combine the egg yolks, lemon and lime juice and water and whisk constantly until the mixture begins to thicken, then continue whisking about 1 minute more. Remove the bowl from over the pan as soon as the mixture thickens. Add the salt, cayenne pepper and white pepper.
- Using a stick blender with the aerator attachment, blend the mixture while slowly pouring in the melted butter in a thin stream until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Cover and keep warm over very low heat, or transfer to a cast-iron sauce warmer until ready to serve. Makes 2 cups.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating19 people
Sounds delish!!gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Sounds great I like the cayenne pepper.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
five forks and so fine a recipe..love itpuddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it