Soft Shrimp Tacos With Pineapple SalsaFrom juels 7 years ago
- For The pineapple Salsa: shopping list
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple shopping list
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel shopping list
- 3 tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced shopping list
- For The shrimp Tacos: shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 cups lettuce, finely shredded shopping list
- 6 to 12 warm corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 tbsp. green onions, chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For The Pineapple Salsa:
- Sautee the minced jalapeno in 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil for a few minutes.
- In a nonmetal bowl, mix pineapple, cucumber, sauteed jalapeno, lime peel, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and set aside. Note: if using canned pineapple, drain it first.
- For The Shrimp Tacos:
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring, until onion begins to caramelize, for about 8 minutes.
- Add chiles and half the tomatoes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook another few minutes, until it turns a nice pink color. Remove from heat.
- To serve, divide lettuce among tortillas, then top tortillas with the shrimp mixture and remaining tomatoes. Spoon some pineapple salsa on top and sprinkle with green onions and salt to taste.
- Note: if you have extra pineapple salsa leftover, it's great with chips.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating8 people
oh yeah.... this is great... thank you and five forks... love the addition of the pineapple salsapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
my daughter will say momo this is shrimp heaven great post Juels keep them comingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Totally yummy! Thanks :)otterpond in Windermere loved it