Soft Shrimp Tacos With Pineapple SalsaFrom juels 7 years ago
- For The pineapple Salsa: shopping list
- 1 cup diced fresh or canned pineapple shopping list
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel shopping list
- 3 tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, minced shopping list
- For The shrimp Tacos: shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 cups lettuce, finely shredded shopping list
- 6 to 12 warm corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 tbsp. green onions, chopped shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For The Pineapple Salsa:
- Sautee the minced jalapeno in 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil for a few minutes.
- In a nonmetal bowl, mix pineapple, cucumber, sauteed jalapeno, lime peel, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and set aside. Note: if using canned pineapple, drain it first.
- For The Shrimp Tacos:
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high. Add garlic and red onion and cook, stirring, until onion begins to caramelize, for about 8 minutes.
- Add chiles and half the tomatoes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook another few minutes, until it turns a nice pink color. Remove from heat.
- To serve, divide lettuce among tortillas, then top tortillas with the shrimp mixture and remaining tomatoes. Spoon some pineapple salsa on top and sprinkle with green onions and salt to taste.
- Note: if you have extra pineapple salsa leftover, it's great with chips.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating8 people
oh yeah.... this is great... thank you and five forks... love the addition of the pineapple salsapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
my daughter will say momo this is shrimp heaven great post Juels keep them comingmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Totally yummy! Thanks :)otterpond in Orlando loved it