Guys Killer Inside Out BurgersFrom sparow64 4 years ago
- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced red onions shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh uncooked chorizo, out of casing shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds ground chuck, 80/20 mix shopping list
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese, thinly sliced, about 8 slices shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted shopping list
How to make it
- GUY did these on the stove top...would be just as awesome on the grill
- In a medium pan over medium to high heat, add bacon and onions, cook until the bacon is rendered but not crisp.
- Add the chorizo and cook until done.
- Remove the bacon mixture to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool.
- Make a cross with a large knife in the opened pack of ground beef, dividing into 4 equal portions (this will be the 4 burgers)
- Take 1/4, and divide into 2 equal portions
- Form a loose ball from one of these portions, and pat it out into a 4 inch round patty. Create a "lip edge" around the patty.
- Fill the center with a piece of cheese and 1/4 of the bacon mixture then another pieice of cheeese
- (Cheese should be torn to fit inside the "crator" of the patty)
- Form the 2nd half of the burger into the same type patty, with the lip edge, and place down over the sutffed side of the burger
- Pat around the outside edge to seal
- Repeat with remaining 3 burgers
- (Patties will be about 4 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches high).
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Place all 4 patties in the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on 1 side, then gently turn over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and pop it in a 250 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, place onto rolls and serve with Worcestershire Tomato Ketchup. (posted seperately)
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating13 people
YUMMIE_YUM_YUM gotta love this burger thanks bunches sparrow high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh Man these do sound awsome.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Oh yeah... I like the idea of the crater. Will have to give that a shot next time. Could also try several different types of cheeses.
Thanks.rottman in Nottingham loved it