Party Shrimp SaladFrom shandy 9 years ago
- FOR THE shrimp SALAD: shopping list
- 1 extra-large lemon shopping list
- celery leaves shopping list
- 1 T. pickling spices shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/8 t. ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 pounds medium-size shrimp in their shells uncooked(5 c. cooked) shopping list
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 c. celery, cut into 1/4-inch dice shopping list
- 1 to 2 t. snipped fresh dill or 1 t. dried dill herb **NOT dill seed** shopping list
- FOR THE sour cream DRESSING: shopping list
- 2/3 c. Hellmann's Real mayonnaise (not the light variety) shopping list
- 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
- 1 T. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 t. garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- TO COOK THE SHRIMP: Half-fill a large saucepan with water. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the water and toss in the rind. Add a few celery leaves, the pickling spices, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Drop in the shrimp in their shells and boil them just until they turn pinkish-white and opaque, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a colander and rinse immediately with cold water to stop the cooking. Peel and devein the shrimp, discarding all of the pickling spices. Cut the shrimp into bite-sized pieces. (You need 5 cup of shrimp).
- Place the cooked shrimp in a medium-size bowl, sprinkle with the lemon juice, and toss well. Add the celery and dill and toss again.
- MIX ALL of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Spoon the dressing over the shrimp mixture and stir until all of the shrimp and celery are well coated. Great for putting on an open sandwich using white or Challah bread, or simply as a salad on curly lettuce leaves. Refrigerate any leftovers and use within 2 days.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating4 people
Will be making this one over the 4th. great post.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Definately A Keeper....
Awesome Shrimp Recipe - High 5555'schef_irish in Gainesville loved it
Actually ~ I think that this Salad is "Shrimpelicious"!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!