Tinks-Velvet Turtle Bread Pudding With Lemon SauceFrom minitindel 7 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 2 - cups milk shopping list
- 1-cup heavy cream ....(more if needed i like mine moist) shopping list
- 3/4 cup- raisins shopping list
- 3/4 cup-. roasted pecans shopping list
- 5 c.up- cubed bread shopping list
- 5 cup-. broken up leftover cake, muffins, croissants ..or anything you want ....chocolate muffins whatever shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs in bowl until fluffy.
- Add sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Beat until well blended and sugar is dissolved.
- Beat in 2 cups milk, add raisins and pecans.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Mix bread cubes and cake pieces and place in well buttered 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Pour in egg mixture
- . Toss lightly until bread is soaked.
- Let stand, gently patting bread down into liquid occasionally.
- Pour 1 cup heavy cream over soaked bread and cover with foil.
- Place pan in larger baking pan and add water to come halfway up its sides.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 & 1/2 hours or until set in center.
- Makes 8-10 servings
- *****************************LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 1/4- cup-. water
- 3/4 - cup -. sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 2- tbsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 -tsp. vanilla
- Juice of 1 lg. lemon
- Combine 1 cup water, sugar and lemon half in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup water and stir into sugar mixture with vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and strain sauce into sauce boat.
- Serve warm. .pour over bread pudding .............yummm...............
- i make extra lol
- Makes 3/4 cups
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating11 people
Yumola, this sounds fantastic. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Just fantastic!m2googee in Tomball loved it
Sounds yummie, you have my 5 forks, but can I borrow one to have seconds???henrie in Savannah loved it