Fresh Salsa SupremeFrom thegoldminer 5 years ago
- 3 lbs roma tomatoes shopping list
- 12 ounces yellow onion shopping list
- 4-5 ounces chopped cilantro (1 very large bunch) shopping list
- 3 jalapeno pepper or 6 ounces in weight shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons granulated garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- I forgot to add that there is lime juice and lemon juice in the mix. It is best and more authentic if you squeeze the small fresh limes. I used the lime juice from little green plastic bottles. Almost as good as fresh. Forgot this but remembered when I went to foodie dooley's food site to thank for his comments and he had a great salsa recipe and made me remember the lime and lemon juice. Thanks dooley! shopping list
How to make it
- Chop tomatoes with what ever you have, knife, food chopper like in the pics, even one of those salsa makers sold at stores and fairs.
- Dice onion, add to tomatoes.
- Chop into small pieces all the cilantro except the last two inches, a little stem is fine. The stems on the cilantro in the pics were only about 2 inches. They make it easy to hold and I bunch the cilantro tightly with my fingers and it is easier to slice it. Add to tomatoes.
- Cut each pepper in half, I remove the white part and whatever seeds attached. Other seeds go into the mix. Then cut the halves lengthwise into quarters, turn the whole thing and chop it up. Add all to tomatoes.
- Mix all the above ingredients, I use a regular dinner fork.
- Once well mixed, sprinkle on the garlic, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Allow to stand in the bowl for about 30 then pour the mixture into a large food strainer for 10 minutes and get rid of much of the juice. Otherwise it is too runny.
- Put back in a bowl and dip thy chips.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating18 people
Beautiful veggies and one of my favorite things to do with em. Great post. :)mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Good to see YOU again submitting recipes!
I have 'Missed' You on the 'site'!
I Love the ingredients in this "5"FORK!!!!!
recipe for a number of reasons~ but the main one is because I can get ALL the ingredients from my son...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
An excellent recipe... will try this!
How you doing! Hope all ok.sitbynellie in Glasgow loved it