Ultimate CheesecakeFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- ½ cup margarine or butter, melted shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 5 pkg. ( 8oz each ) cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 ¾ cups sugar shopping list
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. Grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp. Grated orange zest shopping list
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
- ¾ cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 pkg. ( 10oz ) frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 pkg. ( 10oz ) frozen peach slices shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and sliced shopping list
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Preheat oven to 375º. Make crust: In a medium bowl, using a fork, toss crumbs with margarine or butter and sugar until moistened. Pour into 10-inch spring-form pan. With fork, press mixture evenly over bottom and up side of pan. Bake 5 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- 2)Increase oven temperature to 450º. Make filling: In a large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs and egg yolks one at a time; beat until smooth, scraping bowl with spatula occasionally. Beat in cream.
- 3)Pour filling into prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 250º. Bake 1 hour longer or until center is set but not firm. Remove to rack; cool 2 hours. With back of spoon, spread sour cream evenly over top of cake to within ½ inch of edge. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- 4)In food processor, puree raspberries with their syrup; pour through sieve placed over medium-sized saucepan. Discard seeds. Mix cornstarch with puree until blended. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and clear.
- 5)Pour raspberry sauce into a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold. In clean food processor, puree peach slices with ¼ cup sugar until blended; pour into small bowl; sets aide. Remove cake from pan; place on a serving dish. Spoon raspberry sauce over sour cream, covering half of surface. Spread peach puree on the other half.
- 6)Arrange kiwifruit and peach slices along the line where the raspberry sauce meets the peach puree. Add whole raspberries as desired. Cut cake into wedges to serve. Pass remaining raspberry sauce and peach puree.
- Make Ahead: cheesecakes are perfect deserts to make ahead. Wrap an undecorated cake in foil and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Seasonal Idea: if fresh blueberries are in season, add a decorative berry border around the bottom edge of the cheesecake as an edible garnish.
- Lighten Up: Cut the amount of fat and calories in this recipe by using low-fat cream cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating6 people
this is gorgeous!!foodinnewengland in Claremont loved it
this sounds so yummy, good posthunnee in Nanaimo loved it
This is the best and most popular cheesecake that I have ever made. I can only make it every 3-5 years though because it is so intense. Plus it makes it a real treat when I do make it. I have made it with the topping in the recipe. Much easier th...moredandtnavarro in loved it