Caramelized Party MixFrom krumkake 9 years ago
- ¼ cup butter (no substitutes here, please!) shopping list
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal shopping list
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks shopping list
- 1 cup mixed nuts (I use cashews, but use whatever you like) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet (I use my electric skillet for this, but stove top would be fine, I'm sure).
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook for 1 minute, then shut off electric skillet or remove pan from burner.
- Using a large mixing spoon or spatula (coated with butter or cooking spray first), immediately stir in cereal, pretzels and nuts.
- Stir gently to coat well, and then spread the warm mixture on a large piece of waxed paper that you have sprayed with some cooking spray.
- When cool, break into chunks and store in covered container.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
This sounds good....zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Ohhhh YUMMY!!!angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it
Im really gonna have to try this real soon.... I love the way this looks..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it