Tater TimbaleFrom brilynn 7 years ago
- 2 ½ lbs potatoes, half Yukon gold, half sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 large fennel shopping list
- 1 fuji apple shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- Goats cheese and old cheddar, enough to make a layer of each in every ramekin shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/3 cup 1% milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- A dash of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Steamed asparagus to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Butter your ramekins and line them with sheets of parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven at 350 F.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and cook them for 5 to 7 mns in salted boiling water.
- Slice the fennel thinly and cook for 7 mins in salted boiling water.
- Peel and core the apple. Slice it thinly (add a few drops of lemon to prevent oxydation).
- Slice the onion and cook if for 10 mins in olive oil with the garlic, until soft.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and milk, and season with salt and pepper. Add the nutmeg.
- Line slices of potatoes around the edge of the ramekin and place a few at the bottom. Keep them tight.
- Continue with a layer of onions and a layer of fennel and pear slices and cheese.
- Continue layering until you run out of room.
- Pour in the egg batter, making sure that it goes down all the way to the bottom.
- Cook in the oven for 45 to 50 mins. Check whether the top potatoes are cooked and wait a few mins when taking out before unmolding on a plate
- Garnish with asparagus tips, (I served the rest of the asparagus separately in a balsamic vinaigrette with parmesan).
People Who Like This Dish 37
The Cookbrilynn Toronto, CA
The Rating8 people
Magnificent!kristopher in San Francisco loved it
Simply fabulous (as in simple, and fabulous -- the kind of recipes I like!) -- I made it last night, though mine didn't quite look THAT good! Thank you for the post....kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL,PUTS A NEW MEANING TO POTATO CAKES!LOVE THESPUDS . CANT WAIT TO TRY .IM SURE IT TASTE AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS. THANK YOUsizzlingranny in Baxter loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!