Lydias LasagnaFrom tinam 7 years ago
- 1 lb box of wide lasagna noodles - fresh if you prefer shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage - hot is preferred - if you can get the loose type it's easier - otherwise you have to take the skins off... shopping list
- 1 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 - 4 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 x 2 1/2 lb can tomato puree shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 x 14 oz cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 cups Ricotta - or more! shopping list
- 1/2 - 1 cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tblsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp crushed chile shopping list
- 1 - 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tblsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 - 2 tsp Italian mixed spices shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine - if you wouldn't drink it...don't use it! shopping list
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated - or more! shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Sauce: Brown sausage, ground beef in olive oil until almost done, add onions and garlic and finish browning.
- Add puree, paste, sauce, salt, pepper, crushed chile, bay leaves, Italian spices, sugar (to blend flavors) and wine.
- Let simmer for approx 2 hrs - add a little water to keep from thickening too much while simmering.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. When cooked place in a pan with cool water so they don't stick together.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Spray 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan and start layering: first layer sauce, then noodles, then sauce again, then spoon dollups of ricotta evenly, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Continue layers (usually 2 -3) in this way and end with sauce and parmesan on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1/2 hour. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Serve with green salad and vinagrette dressing and crusty garlic bread. Delicioso!
The Cooktinam Tugun, AU
The Rating5 people
Saving this to try. Sounds fantastic! Can't believe I just found it...ha ha hasparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
this is a good lasagna recipe. thanks for sharing.choclytcandy in loved it
otterpond in Orlando loved it