Petits Pains Au ChocolatFrom tinam 7 years ago
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (one 17.3-ounce package), thawed, each sheet cut into 12 squares shopping list
- 1 large egg beaten to blend with 1 tablespoon water (for glaze) shopping list
- 4 3.5-ounce bars imported bittersweet or milk chocolate, each cut into six 2x3/4-inch pieces shopping list
- sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush top of each puff pastry square with egg glaze. Place 1 chocolate piece on edge of 1 pastry square. Roll up dough tightly, enclosing chocolate. Repeat with remaining pastry and chocolate. Place pastry rolls on baking sheet, seam side down. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover pastries with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg glaze.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush tops of pastry rolls with remaining egg glaze. Sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake until pastries are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe Courtesy of http://www.epicurious.com