Fast N Easy Shrimp PaellaFrom texasceleste 8 years ago
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- A pinch saffron shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, minced shopping list
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups Spanish short grain rice (I sometimes use medium grain if short grain is hard to find) shopping list
- 2 cups raw peeled shrimp, cut into 1/2 inch chunks shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Warm the chicken broth in a saucepan with the saffron.
- Separately, place an oven-proof 10-to-12 inch skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. A minute later, add the onion and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent and soft, about 5 min.
- Add paprika and cumin and cook about 1 more minute.
- Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is glossy, 1 to 2 min. Stir in the shrimp and season liberally with salt. Add the warm stock, and transfer the skillet, uncovered, to the oven.
- Bake about 15 min. or until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is dry on top.
- Add salt to taste; garnish with parsley, serve immediately.
- HINT: if you don't have an oven-proof skillet, cook everything in your skillet as directed, then pour the whole thing into a large glass casserole dish and cook in there. It's easier to see when the liquid is absorbed anyway!