Reuben CasseroleFrom chefjeb 8 years ago
How to make it
- Heavily grease 9 inch baking dish with butter.
- Trim bread crusts
- toast enough bread to cover bottom of baking dish
- Place toast in baking dish
- Cover with drained sauerkraut
- Layer corned beef
- Spread thousand Island dressing
- Sprinkle caraway seeds
- Top with Swiss cheese
- Butter, one side only, enough bread to cover casserole
- Layer bread, butered side up
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and let sit out at least 30 minutes before baking at 350 forabout 35 minutes, or untilbread is lightly browned.
- Note: Top layer of bread is untoasted prior to baking.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating6 people
Totally awsome! I have made this twice, once for home and again for a potluck. It was the hit of the table. So different.chefkimmie in Jackson loved it