Pork Scallopini With Mushrooms And RosemaryFrom keni 6 years ago
- 6 thin boneless pork chops(you can also use thicker ones and pound to about 1/4 inch, if desired, but you should be able to find thin cuts) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 2T corn starch shopping list
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 large shallot, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup white wine(or sub chicken stock) shopping list
- 2T fresh rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 2T fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and butter in large, heavy skillet(I use cast iron)
- Season both sides of pork with salt and pepper. See Photo
- Combine flour and corn starch in shallow dish.(a pie plate works well)
- Dredge pork pieces in the flour, then add them to heated pan See Photo. Cook about 4-5 minutes, turn, and cook another 4 minute or so, until coating is lightly browned and internal temperature is about 145.
- Remove from pan to plate and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic to pan and cook about 3-4 minutes until shallot is just tender and mushrooms are beginning to cook. See Photo
- Make sure to stir up the sticky browning bits on the bottom of the pan and add wine then rosemary and parsley. Simmer a few minutes until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add pork back to pan and continue to simmer a couple minutes until warmed through.
- Season again with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Plate by serving mushroom sauce over pork pieces.