Keni's Kantina TacosFrom keni 6 years ago
For Steak and Marinade
- 2lbs skirt or flank steak shopping list
- juice from 1 large or 2 small limes shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1t raw sugar or honey powder shopping list
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro shopping list
- 3 green onions, cut in large bits shopping list
- 1-3 jalapenos, halved or quartered, seeded or not, to taste(I use 3, and I don't bother deseeding them) shopping list
- 1t ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2t ground coriander shopping list
- 1t Mexican Oregano(optional) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper(don't go lightly on this!) shopping list
- 24-30 3-4 inch corn tortillas(homemade or prepackaged) shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- limes shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients with steak in large zipper bag.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from marinade and grill meat over medium high heat for about 12 minutes(6ish each side) or until medium rare. Salt each side about halfway through each side's cooking time.
- Let rest briefly then slice, and chop into bite sized, or smaller, pieces.
- Toss diced onion with the juice of about 1/2 lime and let rest while finishing the rest of the preparations.(I LOVE what this does to the onion flavor, but it's optional)
- Add meat, tomatoes, onion and more cilantro to each tortilla and serve each plate with lime wedges.