Mexican Shredded Beef - Carne de Res Deshebrada -From elgourmand 5 years ago
- • 1 boneless chuck roast, about 4 lbs; or the equivalent for pork, lamb or goat. shopping list
- • oil for searing shopping list
- • 1 or 2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped shopping list
- • 1 or 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- • • 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- • 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- • 1 Tbs cilantro shopping list
- • ¼ cup red wine shopping list
- • 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- • salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat up the oil in a large skillet or pot and thoroughly sear the meat on all sides. If you don’t have a really big pot you can divide it in half and sear each half separately.
- 2. Put the meat in a crock pot, add the spices you’ve selected and cook on high for about 5 hours or low for 8 or 9 hours. You can do this in a pot on the stove and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- 3. Remove the meat and allow to cool. Discard the juice.
- 4. When the meat has cooled enough to work with shred it using two forks. This can be a coarse or fine shred as you like.
- 5. Make something Mexican.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating10 people
Good stuff!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I always look forward to your recipes. This looks like another great one. So glad you're around.tablescape in loved it
I look forward to preparing this
"Sure-to-PLEASE" "5"FORK!!!!! recipe
for my Family~(^_^)~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
CrockPots Are Cool Again854 members
Mexican Food318 members
Back To Basics346 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
Anything Goes286 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Mexican Cooking140 members
California Cooks31 members
International Dishes43 members