Instant Chai TeaFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder shopping list
- 2 cups powdered non-dairy creamer, French vanilla flavored shopping list
- 2 cups white sugar shopping list
- 1½ cups unsweetened instant tea shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground Saigon cinnamon (regular will work, but if you can find the Saigon type at your grocer, it’s worth the price!) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom shopping list
- ½ teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine dry milk powder, non-dairy creamer, sugar and instant tea.
- Stir in cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a food processor, blend 2 cups at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
- Store the powdered mix in an airtight container.
- To serve, put ¼ cup Chai tea mixture into a mug and add hot water.
- NOTE: this is also very nice with a teaspoon of honey stirred in after the tea mix and water have been blended together.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating2 people
This sounds so delicious! I was looking for a great-sounding chai recipe to give as gift and I've found it! Thank you and definitely a "5" from me! :)momofsixil in Davis loved it
You so know that I'm making this for Christmas gifts! We have a group that does a coffee mug exchange at work and I'm always trying to come up with a new mix to put in the mugs. Last year, I did chocolate covered spoons and that was a hit. I think...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it