How Do I Make - - Egg Drop SoupFrom keni 5 years ago
- 8 cups quality chicken stock(either your own, or a good brand, purchased) shopping list
- 2T cornstarch shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- about 1/2 inch grated ginger(I actually use crystallized ginger for this) shopping list
- dash of soy sauce(yes, I really just use a dash, because I don't care for soy sauce..:) shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 largeish crimini mushrooms, shaved(I use my cheese grater, the slicing option) shopping list
- 2-3 eggs(I don't like a lot of egg, and I like it really dispersed, so that's how this will be written) shopping list
- Fried wonton strips, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot, bring chicken stock to a simmer with the green onions, ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and mushrooms. Reserve about 1/4 stock and a few greens from the onion.
- Combine 1 1/2T cornstarch with the reserved stock. Mix well.
- In medium glass bowl, beat eggs slightly with remaining 1/2T cornstarch and set aside.
- Add cornstarch/stock slurry to the pot and bring just to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and maintain a simmer.
- Let cook about 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully and slowly, pour the beaten egg mixture into the pot of just simmering stock, making sure to keep up a continuous stirring without changing direction.
- Taste and add seasonings, if needed.
- Serve with fried wonton strips and reserved green onion, if desired.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Absolutely delicious. The only change that I made was to cut the recipe in half as there are just the two of us, wish that I hadn't. This will be a repeat in our home!!gaspesiangal in Ottawa loved it
Ok, I'm an egg drop soup fanatic ;) I love the sound of the ginger and mushrooms in this! Can't wait to try!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Okay so you know I had to make this ;) Perfect! I loved the mushrooms in this which I have never had in egg drop soup, but adds a great texture! I did do more egg but that's just personal preference. So quick to make! Thanks once again ;)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it