How Do I Make - - Egg Drop SoupFrom keni 5 years ago
- 8 cups quality chicken stock(either your own, or a good brand, purchased) shopping list
- 2T cornstarch shopping list
- 3 green onions, sliced shopping list
- about 1/2 inch grated ginger(I actually use crystallized ginger for this) shopping list
- dash of soy sauce(yes, I really just use a dash, because I don't care for soy sauce..:) shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 2 largeish crimini mushrooms, shaved(I use my cheese grater, the slicing option) shopping list
- 2-3 eggs(I don't like a lot of egg, and I like it really dispersed, so that's how this will be written) shopping list
- Fried wonton strips, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot, bring chicken stock to a simmer with the green onions, ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and mushrooms. Reserve about 1/4 stock and a few greens from the onion.
- Combine 1 1/2T cornstarch with the reserved stock. Mix well.
- In medium glass bowl, beat eggs slightly with remaining 1/2T cornstarch and set aside.
- Add cornstarch/stock slurry to the pot and bring just to a boil. Immediately reduce heat and maintain a simmer.
- Let cook about 5-10 minutes.
- Carefully and slowly, pour the beaten egg mixture into the pot of just simmering stock, making sure to keep up a continuous stirring without changing direction.
- Taste and add seasonings, if needed.
- Serve with fried wonton strips and reserved green onion, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating2 people
Absolutely delicious. The only change that I made was to cut the recipe in half as there are just the two of us, wish that I hadn't. This will be a repeat in our home!!gaspesiangal in Ottawa loved it
Ok, I'm an egg drop soup fanatic ;) I love the sound of the ginger and mushrooms in this! Can't wait to try!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Okay so you know I had to make this ;) Perfect! I loved the mushrooms in this which I have never had in egg drop soup, but adds a great texture! I did do more egg but that's just personal preference. So quick to make! Thanks once again ;)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it