Roast Chicken With Balsamic GravyFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Twist wing tips under wings. Spread butter over chicken skin and pop a little inside the cavity too. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast side up on a rack. Roast for 1 1/2 hrs. basting occasionally with the juices from the bottom of the pan. Let chicken rest on a carving board while you make the gravy.
- Discard fat from roasting pan leaving 2 tbsp. of fat. On medium heat, reheat the fat and sprinkle in the flour. Stir together until flour tuns golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Pour in stock. Bring to a boil, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the roasting pan. Add the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carve chicken and serve drizzled with sauce.
People Who Like This Dish 14
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- Leelapitch Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- icecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- justlikemikey Nowhere, Us
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
The Rating3 people
Love the balsamic gravy...great post!NPMarie in Magalia loved it
Beautiful! I haven't made a whole roasted chicken in so long! This recipe is inspiring me ;)mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Made this last night and loved it! The balsamic gravy was delicious:) Will be making this again & again..Thanks Janet!NPMarie in Magalia loved it