Lemon Herb Turkey MeatballsFrom DetroitTokyo 4 years ago
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey (85/15) shopping list
- 3-4 small scallions chopped to equal 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about half a lemon) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and mix gently just to incorporate. See Photo
- Form into meatballs of desired size and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- For mini meatballs measure about 1 1/2 tsp and roll gently. For medium-large meatballs measure about 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Yields 80 mini meatballs and serves 6 people 13-14 meatballs as entree portions/15-20 people 4-5 meatballs as appetizer portions.
- Yields 27-28 medium-large meatballs and serves 6 people 4-5 meatballs as entree portions.
- *Note: Be careful not to overwork meat when mixing or shaping in order to produce the best texture for light, fluffy meatballs.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- You may cook these in a variety of ways, one of which is to heat 1/2 tbsp each of canola oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat and pan fry meatballs for about 8 minutes, covered. Flip about halfway through until lightly browned and just firm (cooked through).
People Who Like This Dish 11
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
These are first-class tasty meatballs we had for dinner last night. I used extra lean ground chicken and served them with large flat eggs noodles and a creamy alfredo type sauce. I was able to make 10 entree size balls and the only thing I did not ha...moreGood4U in Perth loved it
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it