Lemon Herb Turkey MeatballsFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey (85/15) shopping list
- 3-4 small scallions chopped to equal 1/4 cup shopping list
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (about half a lemon) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and mix gently just to incorporate. See Photo
- Form into meatballs of desired size and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- For mini meatballs measure about 1 1/2 tsp and roll gently. For medium-large meatballs measure about 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Yields 80 mini meatballs and serves 6 people 13-14 meatballs as entree portions/15-20 people 4-5 meatballs as appetizer portions.
- Yields 27-28 medium-large meatballs and serves 6 people 4-5 meatballs as entree portions.
- *Note: Be careful not to overwork meat when mixing or shaping in order to produce the best texture for light, fluffy meatballs.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- You may cook these in a variety of ways, one of which is to heat 1/2 tbsp each of canola oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat and pan fry meatballs for about 8 minutes, covered. Flip about halfway through until lightly browned and just firm (cooked through).
People Who Like This Dish 11
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
These are first-class tasty meatballs we had for dinner last night. I used extra lean ground chicken and served them with large flat eggs noodles and a creamy alfredo type sauce. I was able to make 10 entree size balls and the only thing I did not ha...moreGood4U in Perth loved it