Baked ChimichangasFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef (may sub ground turkey or chicken) shopping list
- 1 batch of seasoning-mix.html">Best Ever taco seasoning Mix or your favorite taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 cup black beans or pinto beans shopping list
- 1 cup salsa, plus more for garnish shopping list
- 1 cup grated cheese (I used a Mexican blend) + a bit more for topping shopping list
- 4 large flour tortillas (I used whole grain) shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 sour cream or plain Greek yogurt shopping list
- 4 cups leaf lettuce, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 cups diced tomatoes or cherry/grape tomatoes halved shopping list
- 2 avocados, sliced shopping list
- 1 large/2 small limes cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water. Add ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Drain & set aside.
- Divide beef, beans, salsa, and cheese between the tortillas. Gently fold and wrap tightly.
- Place seam-side down onto baking sheet. Spray each with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle a bit more shredded cheese on each and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with more salsa, and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado slices, and lime wedges for squeezing over all.
People Who Like This Dish 28
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
The Rating2 people
I really loved these. I cut this recipe in half and my whole wheat tortillas must have been kinda little as I got three chimichangas out of this recipe. But, that's fine with me as now I have leftovers! Added my picture, too. A teeny bit more in I...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
Good stuff Maynard!pointsevenout in Athens loved it