Otterpond London BroilFrom otterpond 4 years ago
How to make it
- Put the cleaned and trimmed steak in a zip lock bag, pour the marinade mixed with the ginger into the bag. Press all the air out and seal the bag. Let this marinade in the refrigerator for at least six hours but no more than 24 hours. Turn the beef occasionally to allow even exposure to the marinade.
- Remove beef from marinade and pat dry with a paper towel before cooking to prevent steaming and encourage browning. Discard the marinade that was in the bag with the uncooked meat. NEVER save and reuse a marinade. If you’re planning to use the liquid later for basting or to serve it as a sauce, reserve a portion of it for later before adding uncooked beef.
- Lightly coat all surfaces of the steak with olive oil. Dust all surfaces with the dry rub -- don't be stingy. Let the steak rest while you heat up your griddle, grill, broiler or pan.
- I don't have an outdoor grill but I do have a Cuisinart Griddler which is what I use to grill this steak. After the cooker is at a good heat, give it a generous spray of PAM to prevent sticking and make for a quick cleanup.
- Cook your steak for about 5 minutes on high heat. Sear the outside well and leave a nice pink center. London Broil is best eaten medium rare.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookotterpond Windermere, FL
The Rating1 people
Verra nice Laura! I used to make a London Broil eons ago. Must try again soon!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Actually just realized I forgot to add the ginger. Oops. This was A-One fantastic. Just loved, loved, loved it. Will totally make again and again. The Rub was awesome. It made enough that I have one and a half spice bottles full for future use. Yay! ...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it