Twice-baked Buttermilk PotatoesFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 3 large russet potatoes shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter or Earth Balance shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar shopping list
- olive oil spray (regular cooking spray is OK too) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Bake potatoes in 350F oven until tender but still firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Cut each potato in half. Scoop out flesh, leaving a firm 1/4-inch shell on 4 of the halves.
- Mash potatoes in a small bowl. Add butter, buttermilk, and shredded cheddar. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Spray inside of each of the 4 potato shells with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Fill the shells with mashed potato mixture.. They will be heaping. Divide grated Parmesan over tops of each potato.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- If tops haven't browned much, place potatoes under the broiler for 2-4 minutes. Be sure to check on them so they don't burn.