Chicken Pot Pie Mac & CheeseFrom DetroitTokyo 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (b/s), poached in 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, shredded* shopping list
- 8 oz. elbow quinoa pasta, cooked al dente (or short cut pasta of your choice) shopping list
- 6 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 2 celery stalks, diced (about 1 cup) shopping list
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced (about 1 cups) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup corn, frozen shopping list
- 1 cup fresh peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or flour of your choice) shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- sea salt & black pepper, freshly ground (I used about 1/2 tsp each) shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 8 oz. New Zealand white cheddar, shredded – divided shopping list
- handful pea sprouts, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare 1 13×9 or 2 8×8 or 2 quart casserole dishes with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large 5 qt. pot. Add onion, cook until softened. Add carrots, cook for 2 minutes. Add celery, cook for 1 min. Add garlic, cook for 2 minutes. Add flour. Cook until a lightly brown roux forms around the veggies.
- Slowly add stock, and whisk to incorporate. Remove from heat. Add shredded chicken, mayo, cooked pasta, corn peas, and half shredded cheese. Mix to incorporate. Pour into casserole(s), I set one aside at this point to cool completely to freezer for another great dinner.
- Top with remaining cheese. Bake on middle rack for 15-20 minutes until bubbling. Transfer to top rack and turn on broiler. Broil until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with pea sprouts.