Caprese Stuffed Pork TenderloinFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2 pork tenderloins, butterflied shopping list
- 1lb fresh mozzarella, sliced shopping list
- about 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup spicy tomato sauce or juice shopping list
- 2T Dijon shopping list
- about 2T dry minced or fresh grated onion shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar shopping list
- juice from 2 lemons shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all marinade ingredients well.
- Place the tenderloins in a large zipper bag and add HALF of the marinade to the bag.
- Squish around to combine/coat. :)
- Let rest 1-4 hours in fridge.
- Remove tenderloins from bag and lay them out, opened. Reserve marinade from bag.
- Layer with basil, cheese, tomatoes and red onion slices.
- Roll up and tie or secure with toothpicks.
- Put on a roasting pan(or a deep baking sheet fitted with a cooling rack)
- Roast in a 450 oven for about 20 minutes, until internal temperature is at least 140 but NO MORE than 155(we cook ours to no more than 150 and eat it at about 155. Pork is safe to eat at 145 but will begin to dry out at 160)
- Meanwhile, pour all marinade from the reserved and the bag, into a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by about 1/2
- Slice pork and serve with the reduction.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating4 people
This is something I'll definitely try. I love the concept!pkusmc in Worcester loved it
The tenderloins are marinating right now. Can't wait till they're done! YUMMERS!!!dennydca in Las Vegas loved it
This was very good, Keni. Although, for me, it was difficult to stuff/wrap. Maybe I overstuffed them and or they were small tenderloins. I only used about 3/4c of balsamic tho. Was afraid it would be too much. Other than that I followed everythi...moremrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it