Egg in a NestFrom pinchmysalt 6 years ago
How to make it
- Remember, the thicker the bread, the smaller the hole needed.
- Use a glass (or biscuit cutter if you have one) to cut a nice hole in the center of the bread
- Butter one side of the bread and place the dry side down on a buttered cast-iron skillet.
- Crack the egg in the hole and sprinkle with a dash of salt and a fair amount of freshly ground black pepper. Let it cook up for a few minutes.
- When the egg starts to set, you can (a)flip it over and continue cooking, OR you can put the entire pan in the broiler for a minute or two (I used this method).
The Cookpinchmysalt Sicily, IT
The Rating14 people
I tried this! It's nice & pretty! I serve an a small slice of ham with the remaining cut-off bread too! :) Thanks for sharing!wokkingmum in Singapore loved it
This was my favorite breakfast when I was a kid. And now, years later, my mom and I just made it for our twelve-year-old friend when she came to stay with me for the weekend. It was a hit, of course!scrumptious in San Francisco loved it
this is a good twist. must try it. nice and simple.
thanks.jamesj in belfast loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!