Chili Cheese GritsFrom dixiediner 7 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1 can chopped green chiles, drained shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water, salt and garlic to a boil; slowly stir in grits.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Add butter, 1 cup cheese and chiles; stir until butter melts.
- Beat eggs and milk; add to the grits and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2 qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 25
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating6 people
I am a northerner who has fallen head over heels in love with grits! This sounds absolutely perfect. Thanks!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
What a great way to use grits! WOW! Fantastic recipe. Thanks.oldgringo in Cottonwood loved it
Love this!!!!!justjakesmom in Everett loved it