Seared Scallops With Lentils And A Tomato And Herbes De Provence DressingFrom bonzaichef 9 years ago
- 100g Puy lentils shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 12-16 large prepared scallops shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- FOR THE DRESSING shopping list
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 small garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 vine tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp mixed rosemary and thyme, chopped, or large pinch dried herbes de provence shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp caster sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp mixed parsley and basil, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- For the dressing, put 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil and the garlic into a small pan, and place over a medium-high heat. As soon as the garlic begins to sizzle, add the tomatoes and chopped rosemary and thyme, or herbes de Provence, and simmer for 10–12 minutes until well reduced and thick. Put the vinegar and sugar into another small pan and boil rapidly until reduced to 2 teaspoons. Stir into the tomato sauce, season to taste with some salt and pepper and set to one side.
- Bring a pan of well-salted water to the boil (1 teaspoon per 600 ml). Add the lentils and cook for 15–20 minutes or until tender. Drain well, return to the pan with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and some salt and pepper, cover and keep warm.
- Slice each scallop horizontally into 2 thinner discs, leaving the roe attached to one slice. Place in a shallow dish with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and some salt and pepper and toss together well
- . To finish the tomato dressing, add the remaining 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, the lemon juice and some salt to taste and leave to heat through gently over a very low heat. Meanwhile, heat a dry, reliably non-stick frying pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Lower the heat slightly, add 1 teaspoon of oil and half the scallop slices and sear them for 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Lift onto a plate and repeat with the rest.
- Divide the lentils between 4 warmed plates and arrange the scallop slices alongside. Stir the chopped basil and parsley into the warm tomato dressing, spoon some over and around the scallops and serve straight away
The Cookbonzaichef Rochester, Kent., GB
The Rating5 people
This looks PERFECT. Let you know how it goes.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
This is an incredible dish.
I love lentils and scallops and the two together ....
I am loving all your dishes so far
Thank You***psy333che in Long Branch loved it
Delicious and easy as promised. I added extra garlic, but then again, I always add extra garlic.
Thanks!lpg in Fairmount loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!