Black Velvet CakeFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 2 cups slivered almonds, slightly toasted shopping list
- 12 oz chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 devils food cake mix shopping list
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding (3 1/2 oz) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds on bottom of greased 10 inch tube pan.
- Set aside rest of almonds and chocolate chips.
- Place remaining ingredients in mixing bowl; beat for 4 minutes.
- Fold in chips and almonds, then pour into pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan.
- Serve with topping of whipped cream if desired.
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating6 people
Zena, this is a wonderful cake! That little bit of cinnamon is perfect too. Wonderful. :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
OMG... this is wonderful... My daughter made it while son was home on leave... It was gone in 15 minutes! All his friends were here!
Awesome... I don't eat much chocolate because it gives me heartburn.. I ate this and took a pill!
Lindalinebb956 in La Feria loved it
Love your recipes and the fact this starts with a boxed cake mix sure saves time.Thanks for the comfort food!!nanny in Haddam loved it