Blue Cheese and bacon Stuffed BurgersFrom gasman 9 years ago
- 4 slices of applewood smoked bacon or regular bacon shopping list
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softned shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 4 onion or regular hamburger rolls shopping list
- green leaf lettuce (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium hight heat until chewy; drain on a couple of paper towels. Chop into small pieces. In same skillet,add onion and cook until soft. Spread onto plate to cool.
- In a small bowl,combine bacon, onion blue cheese and butter. Blend Well.
- Divide ground beef into four, 3/4-cup pieces. Place 1 piece on cutting board; divide in half. Flatten each half into thin patty about 4 inches wide.Season each half with salt and pepper.Place 2 tablespoons bacon mixture in center of one patty; cover with other patty. Pinch edges together to seal. Shape burger until round and slightly flattened. Season again with salt and black pepper, if desired. Repeat with remaining ground beef and cheese mixture.
- Grill on medium hot. Grill burgers about 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Don't flatten burgers with spatula. Let stand 2 minutes before serving